The first step of getting a new book:
“You can do more than just survive in this world; you can live in it. If you are willing to work hard on your recovery, you can transform your life into one that feels rewarding and fulfilling. This requires being patient, present, and accepting during all stages of your progress. It also means looking at yourself objectively, and getting to know who you really are. Choosing life means believing that someday - regardless of how long it takes - you will be free.” —
Lindsey Hall (via shetakesflight
“When things don’t work out in life, that’s out of your control, but you have a choice, a moment, where you decide to build your own life. It’s putting aside your hurt, your pride, your anger and making things happen. It’s never easy but it’s usually worth it at some point.” —Anaïs Escobar (via forever-and-alwayss)
“Accept what you are able to do and what you are not able to do; Accept the past as the past, without denying it or disregarding it; Learn to forgive yourself and to forgive others; Don’t assume that it’s too late to get involved.” —Mitch Albom. (via andrewwrichard)
- Captain Haddock: I thought you were an optimist.
- Tintin: You were wrong, weren't you? I'm a realist.
- Captain Haddock: Ah, it's just another name for a quitter.
- Tintin: You can call me what you like. Don't you get it? We failed.
- Captain Haddock: Failed. There are plenty of others willing to call you a failure. A fool. A loser. A hopeless souse. Don't you ever say it of yourself. You send out the wrong signal, that is what people pick up. Don't you understand? You care about something, you fight for it. You hit a wall, you push through it. There's something you need to know about failure, Tintin. You can never let it defeat you.
“My mother always says, ‘control the situation, don’t let it control you.’ Sometimes you just need to realize that people do care about you, even if it’s not the way you want them too. You need to decide what is best for you, and you only, because if you don’t love yourself, then no one will.” —(via livelaughloveex33)
Don't deny the Holy Spirit when He gives you an urge, to read the word, to minister, to preach the Gospel. Deny yourself, your own desires, deny your own shyness. Be bold when you are called.
“.. but one of the best gifts we can give ourselves is to get rid of our excuses.” —The Secret Letters of The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin Sharma (via kari-shma)